ASCA, in the course of providing translation, interpretation and other diverse services, may come to handle personal information belonging to client company staff, freelance translators and interpreters as well as other personnel involved.
- To protect personal information, ASCA shall establish a personal information protection system that complies with laws, government guidelines and other privacy-related standards with respect to the handling of personal information it comes to handle in the course of its business activities as well as personal information pertaining to its employees.
- ASCA shall specify the purpose of use of the personal information when acquiring or using personal information, and will not handle personal information that goes beyond the necessary scope of achieving the specified purpose of use. Furthermore, in order to prevent use other than for the specified purpose, ASCA shall implement appropriate information management actions.
- ASCA shall never provide personal information it has acquired to a third party except in cases where there is consent from the individual concerned or where there is a legal requirement.
- If ASCA receives any complaint or consultation regarding the handling of personal information, it shall investigate relevant facts swiftly and will deal with the matter in good faith within a reasonable period of time.
- ASCA shall apply safety measures from organizational, human, physical and technical aspects in order to manage acquired personal information appropriately, in an effort to prevent and remedy any leak, loss or damage relating to privacy.
First Adopted: January 10, 2006
Revised: June 1, 2022
Handling of Personal Information
1. Purpose of Use
ASCA shall use personal information within the scope of its business activities outlined below and as required in the achievement of the purpose of use.
1. 1 Business Activities
- All services relating to translation, editing of English and medical writing
- Production of publications and web contents
- Planning, production and organization of lectures, seminars and special events
- Information services
- All services relating to interpretation
- All business activities supplementing all of the above
1. 2 Purpose of Use
- 1. 2. 1 Appropriate and smooth execution of business transactions with clients
- 1. 2. 2 Communication for business purposes and forwarding of greetings and notice letters
- 1. 2. 3 Appropriate and smooth execution of ASCA’s business activities
- 1. 2. 4 Exercise of rights and execution of duty in accordance with contracts and legislation relating to ASCA’s business activities
- 1. 2. 5 Appropriate and smooth execution of contracted business activities
- 1. 2. 6 ASCA’s recruitment screening
- 1. 2. 7 Employment management of ASCA’s employees
- 1. 2. 8 Information dissemination and communication with respect to retired employees
Out of the items in 1. 2 listed above, the purpose of use subject to disclosure are 1. 2. 1 to 1. 2. 4 and 1. 2. 6 to 1. 2. 8.
2. Disclosure and Correction Procedure
ASCA shall accept requests from any individual concerned for the disclosure of personal information that is subject to disclosure, notification of purpose of use, as well as correction, stop of use and stop of provision to third party (“Disclosure, etc.”) when there is discrepancy between the facts and the personal information that is subject to disclosure.
2. 1 Contact Details for Request for Disclosure, etc.
Complaints and Consultation:
If using ordinary postal service, please complete and forward the required request form to the address below, attaching all necessary documentation.
General Affairs Department, ASCA Corporation,1-8-13 Hiranomachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0046, Japan.
2. 2 Documents Required
- Personal Information Notification of Purpose/Disclosure Request Form
- Personal Information Correction Request Form
- Personal Information Stop of Use Request Form
- ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport)
- Documents that confirm the power of legal representation if acting as legal representative, in addition to the four documents listed above.
*Permanent domicile and other detailed sensitive information contained in the documents should be crossed out before submission to ASCA. Upon receipt, if ASCA finds this not to have been done, ASCA shall mask these to prevent acquisition of such information.
2. 3 Fees
When a request is made for disclosure or for notification of purpose of use, each request shall incur a fee of 1,000 yen. When making a request by post, the fee should be paid through bank transfer or other methods.
For further details regarding Disclosure, etc, contact ASCA as shown below in 3.
3. Complaint and Consultation on Personal Information Handling
Regarding complaints and consultation relating to ASCA’s handling of personal information, please contact ASCA using the following contact details:
General Affairs Division, ASCA Corporation
TEL：06-6202-6272 (Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 17:00)
“Personal information subject to disclosure” refers to personal information that constitutes a group of information that is systematically organized and that which ASCA has the right to respond to, regarding all requests from an individual concerned with respect to disclosure, correction of content, addition or removal, stop of use, deletion and stop of provision to third party.